The International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes is at the center of cutting-edge scientific research at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center and its partner institution, the Alberta Diabetes Institute. Doctoral researchers engage in international and innovative research projects that enable new approaches encompassing molecular research and translational application. Read more...
Watch our video
There is a video from YouTube embedded here. With your consent, a connection to YouTube will be established and YouTube will place additional cookies. For further information click the following link: https://www.youtube.com/intl/ALL_de/howyoutubeworks/user-settings/privacy/
Apply now for your summer internship in diabetes research.
It's a wrap! Two days of science, networking..
Did you submit your PhD thesis between 1st December 2022 and 30th November 2023?
Huge congratulations to Dr. Vignesh Karthikaisamy on the successful defense of his PhD thesis.
International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes
Why you want to join!
- Excellent scientific training and state-of-the-art technology platforms at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center and the Alberta Diabetes Institute - two of the world’s leading institutions in Diabetes research
- Innovative projects linking our understanding of mechanisms underlying diabetes to the development of new approaches in prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- International research groups and research exchanges between the two centers
- Scientific networking at international conferences and within the great community of diabetes researchers
- Translational training - from bench to bedside
- Interactive guidance and a clear mentoring structure
- Individual career development and support
- Professional training in management, leadership and communication
- Employment contracts from the Helmholtz Zentrum München and a doctorate from either the Technical University Munich, the Ludwig-Maximilians-University or the University of Alberta
... and last but not least: Munich and Edmonton, beautiful cities to live in!