International Call for our PhD Program 2021:
First HRD Joint Symposium November 27-28, 2019
Successful with great science and collaboration from ADI and Helmholtz Members & Trainees
Open Call: Applications still possible until Friday, October 23rd, 2020!
The International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes is at the center of cutting-edge scientific research at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center and its partner institution, the Alberta Diabetes Institute. PhD students engage in international and innovative research projects that enable new approaches encompassing molecular research and translational application. Read more...
International Call 2021
You are interested in cutting edge diabetes research in an outstanding scientific and international environment?
Stay tuned on the upcoming procedure and how to apply in our application directory.
The International Call for Applications of Alberta Diabetes Institute is now closed!
Final deadline for applications is Friday, October 23rd, 2020!
We are looking forward to your application.
Congratulations to the four ADI Trainees who were awarded a 2020 ADI / HRD Graduate Studentship.
Due to the current situation the DZD Diabetes Research School will turn into an interactive online lecture series in September and October.
Yesterday, our first Online HDC Data Blitz Session took place within the HDC Webinar series.
Thanks to Julia Zuber, Anna Karolina Blöchinger, Ciro...
Over the last two days the HRD Interview Symposium took place at the Helmholtz Zentrum München. We received applications for our HRD 2020...
International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes
Why you want to join!
- Excellent scientific training and state-of-the-art technology platforms at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center and the Alberta Diabetes Institute - two of the world’s leading institutions in Diabetes research
- Innovative projects linking our understanding of mechanisms underlying diabetes to the development of new approaches in prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- International research groups and research exchanges between the two centers
- Scientific networking at international conferences and within the great community of diabetes researchers
- Translational training - from bench to bedside
- Interactive guidance and a clear mentoring structure
- Individual career development and support
- Professional training in management, leadership and communication
- Employment contracts from the Helmholtz Zentrum München and a doctorate from either the Technical University Munich, the Ludwig-Maximilians-University or the University of Alberta
... and last but not least: Munich and Edmonton, beautiful cities to live in!