In order to apply for the Summer Internship Program in Diabetes, you need to submit your application through our application portal.
In the documents section, you will be required to upload the following documents:
- A motivation letter (max. 1 page, font 11): a letter describing your motivation to participate in the Summer Internship Program, your interest in diabetes and how the internship will fit into your research and career plans. Include the relevant skills, experiences and qualifications that make you a good candidate for the internship.
- All university transcripts (all courses with grades) and university certificates (if obtained already), translated into English.
- High school transcript (all courses with grades) and certificate, translated into English.
- Confirmation of university enrolment for the period of the Summer Internship.
- Confirmation from your university detailing your major, type of degree, start and predicted completion date of your degree.
- English proficiency certificate or a university confirmation if the language of teaching is English (for non-native speakers).
- An updated CV (max. 2 pages, font 11): information on your education, relevant employment (if applicable), research and language skills as well as hobbies/personal interests.
The upload of references is not required.
If you have received your university degree abroad or are enrolled at a university abroad, we require recognition of your university before acceptance to the Summer Internship Program. Please check if your university is rated H+ or H+/- by following the instructions here (Step 1):
https://www.helmholtz-munich.de/en/career/is-your-foreign-university-degree-recognised-in-germany and answer the respective question in the application portal.
If you have any questions to the application process, please first check the Frequently Asked Questions section. If your question is not listed, write us an email at diabetes-researchschoolnoSp@firstname.lastname@example.org.