NOTICE ON OUR OWN BEHALF Cyberattack - recovery of IT systems ongoing
On March 15, 2023, a cyberattack from an external source was detected at Helmholtz Munich. Immediately extensive defensive measures were taken. As a result, some employees have still very limited access to their email and telephone
HRD Introduction to Diabetes Research Course, Oct 2022
Speakers from the Alberta Diabetes Institute (ADI), Helmholtz Diabetes Center (HDC) and Helmholtz Pioneer Campus (HPC) provided an overview of their research topics and hence the collaboration and networking possibilities between the centers
Public event in conjunction with the Canadian Embassy in Munich, July 2022
Panel discussion and evening reception on the future of diabetes research and treatment featuring speakers from the Alberta Diabetes Institute and Helmholtz Munich
HDC-ADI Joint Symposium
14th to 15th July, 2022
4th Annual Joint Symposium between the Helmholtz Diabetes Center and the Alberta Diabetes Institute in Munich.
Clinical visit Heidelberg
Many thanks to the Heidelberg team for the great organisation and implementation of the program.
Important message to all applicants!
If you have not been contacted yet, you are unfortunately not selected for the summer internship program.
We wish you lots of success for your professional future and welcome your applications for the next round in 2024.
The International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes is at the center of cutting-edge scientific research at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center and its partner institution, the Alberta Diabetes Institute. Doctoral researchers engage in international and innovative research projects that enable new approaches encompassing molecular research and translational application. Read more...
Watch our video
There is a video from YouTube embedded here. With your consent, a connection to YouTube will be established and YouTube will place additional cookies. For further information click the following link: https://www.youtube.com/intl/ALL_de/howyoutubeworks/user-settings/privacy/
We are very pleased to introduce our newest team members: Dr. Luke Harrison and Melanie Bock. Welcome!
Congratulations to the winners of the HRD Grant Writing Challenge:
Miriam Bernecker & Elena Garcia Clavé AND Priyadharishini Ayyappan & Theodore...
On March 15, 2023, a cyberattack from an external source was detected at Helmholtz Munich. Immediately extensive defensive measures were taken. As a...
International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes
Why you want to join!
- Excellent scientific training and state-of-the-art technology platforms at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center and the Alberta Diabetes Institute - two of the world’s leading institutions in Diabetes research
- Innovative projects linking our understanding of mechanisms underlying diabetes to the development of new approaches in prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- International research groups and research exchanges between the two centers
- Scientific networking at international conferences and within the great community of diabetes researchers
- Translational training - from bench to bedside
- Interactive guidance and a clear mentoring structure
- Individual career development and support
- Professional training in management, leadership and communication
- Employment contracts from the Helmholtz Zentrum München and a doctorate from either the Technical University Munich, the Ludwig-Maximilians-University or the University of Alberta
... and last but not least: Munich and Edmonton, beautiful cities to live in!