Our Projects for Future
Diabetes Research Leaders
Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes
The International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes is at the center of cutting-edge scientific research at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center and its partner institution, the Alberta Diabetes Institute. PhD students engage in international and innovative research projects that enable new approaches encompassing molecular research and translational application. Read more...
International Call for Applications 2019
Stay tuned on the upcoming procedure in our application directory and below.
The International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes (HRD) opened a call for PhD students at the Alberta Diabetes Institute, Canada.
The 55th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes will take place from 16-20 September 2019 in Barcelona.
Great news for our HDC doctoral students. Thanks to the German Center for Diabetes Research (DZD) they can participate in the "Post Graduate Program...
This year, the Wageningen University European Study Trip 2019 visited the Helmholtz Zentrum München during their 1-week tour to research institutions...
If you are interested to join the autumn conference of the German Society for Diabetes (DDG): The German Society for Diabetes has 50 travel grants -...
International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes
Why you want to join!
- Excellent scientific training and state-of-the-art technology platforms at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center and the Alberta Diabetes Institute - two of the world’s leading institutions in Diabetes research
- Innovative projects linking our understanding of mechanisms underlying diabetes to the development of new approaches in prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- International research groups and research exchanges between the two centers
- Scientific networking at international conferences and within the great community of diabetes researchers
- Translational training - from bench to bedside
- Interactive guidance and a clear mentoring structure
- Individual career development and support
- Professional training in management, leadership and communication
- Employment contracts from the Helmholtz Center Munich and a doctorate from either the Technical University Munich or the University of Alberta
.. and last but not least: Munich and Edmonton, beautiful cities to live in!