International Call for our PhD Program 2021:
First HRD Joint Symposium November 27-28, 2019
Successful with great science and collaboration from ADI and Helmholtz Members & Trainees
International Call for Applications now closed!
Stay tuned on the upcoming procedure.
The International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes is at the center of cutting-edge scientific research at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center and its partner institution, the Alberta Diabetes Institute. PhD students engage in international and innovative research projects that enable new approaches encompassing molecular research and translational application. Read more...
International Call 2021
You are interested in cutting edge diabetes research in an outstanding scientific and international environment?
The International Call of Helmholtz Diabetes Center is closed now.
Stay tuned on the upcoming procedure and how to apply in our application directory.
The International Call for Applications of Alberta Diabetes Institute is now closed!
The HRD sponsors the HD conference registration fee for 16 HDC graduate students who won a ticket in our raffle.
Last week our election for the new HRD student representatives took place. Thank you for taking part in the 2021 HRD student representative election...
This year's HRD Interview Symposium will take place virtually from the 8th - 10th of March 2021, and we have invited 16 international candidates.
Our 2nd Annual Joint Symposium between the Helmholtz Diabetes Center (HDC) and the Alberta Diabetes Institute (ADI) took place digitally in the format...
International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes
Why you want to join!
- Excellent scientific training and state-of-the-art technology platforms at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center and the Alberta Diabetes Institute - two of the world’s leading institutions in Diabetes research
- Innovative projects linking our understanding of mechanisms underlying diabetes to the development of new approaches in prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- International research groups and research exchanges between the two centers
- Scientific networking at international conferences and within the great community of diabetes researchers
- Translational training - from bench to bedside
- Interactive guidance and a clear mentoring structure
- Individual career development and support
- Professional training in management, leadership and communication
- Employment contracts from the Helmholtz Zentrum München and a doctorate from either the Technical University Munich, the Ludwig-Maximilians-University or the University of Alberta
... and last but not least: Munich and Edmonton, beautiful cities to live in!